April 19, 2011

Bead me up










Images sourced from Monsoon & Day Birger et Mikkelsen

Recently I've found myself pouring over beautiful shiny beads, sumptuous ribbons and glistening chains only a mermaid would be proud to adorn. Unfortunately I just simply cannot afford these prices. 

Currently I've been really interested in the line of accessories by Day Birger et Mikkelsen, who only use the best quality materials to create something that looks really special and utterly wearable! Monsoon also have some really pretty pieces integrating ribbons, pearls, trinkets that channel a more vintage inspired theme. 

Checking out all these lovely shiny things, has made me want to dabble in a bit of handmade chic! I started making some jewellery a while back and then stopped it... can't quite remember why. Since starting on Whistles, I've been wearing some of my old creations and I'm happy to say I've had more than a handful of compliments!

I love using an eclectic mix of bright colors, yarn, wooden, glass and porcelain beads sourced from all over really. So watch this space...I'm planning on making some good stuff soon! 

XXX



1 comment:

LAURA joanne MULLEN said...

oh look how beautiful, how i do love day birger!

Archives