June 01, 2011

KIM NOVAK



Just a quick post as I haven't put anything on here for a while...alas I am working later and need to eat lunch too. The other day I had the pleasure of being introduced to one of my new favorite (old movie) actresses whose career flourished from the early 50's to late 80's. I've found myself lately pouring over old movies particularly from the late fifties to early sixties. I'm spellbound by the fashion, chic hair-cuts and inevitable heart-wrenching romantic can't live without you love scenes. It's all too good.


                



If you haven't seen Bell, Book and Candle that stars Kim Novak, James Stewart and not forgetting the fantastic Jack Lemmon, circa 1958, you should check it out, its a great film, has a cute siamese in it too. Kim's looks absolutely stunning in every scene, with lilac tinged hair and flawless siren make-up. In one part she wears a particularly beautiful leopard cape which I wouldn't mind getting my hands on! I just wish clothes were still made like that.
xxx

No comments:

Archives